It’s been a good Week 2 for Monstrous Affections, my story collection that isn’t available for anything but pre-order, but has been that since May 26. There have been shout-outs and an interview and other shout-outs, and a shiny new banner, and all of it has served to propel the book to number six on The Horror Mall’s May Pre-Order Best Seller List. Despite having only been available for six days that month.
Here’s a run-down of what we did:
- Co-ordinated with Pseudopod.org to launch about the same time as the podcast for “The Inevitability of Earth,” a story in the collection, went live.
- Attracted the attention of Cory Doctorow, who made a note of the story and the collection on boingboing.
- Conducted and posted a weird author-to-author interview with me and fellow CZP scribe Claude Lalumiere at BSC Review, which Brett Savory thought was funny.
- Received kind benediction from pal and erstwile collaborator Karl Schroeder, on his blog.
- Created this banner (also visible at the bottom of the blog) which anyone who wants to can put on the bottom of their blog (PLEASE!) along with a link to Horror Mall.
Which is, if I may say, very good for the first week. So thanks to Brett Savory and Matt Moore, publisher and publicist respectively at ChiZine – Cory and Karl and Claude and Pseudopod – and also to Erik Mohr, the cover artist (who might be getting tired of all this fawning by now, but screw ‘im) who has produced the hands-down most tangible draw for the book: its fantastic, nightmare-inducing cover.